Tasting Notes: Every batch is slightly different depending on the season, environment and conditions however the overall theme of this beautiful honey is a sweet Melaleuca rich flavour. Deep and intense, this honey is perfect on its own as a daily medicinal dose or with your favourite dish. It is lab tested TA25+ the longer you keep this honey the higher the grading.
WHAT DOES TOTAL ACTIVITY (TA) MEAN?
The terms "Active" and "TA" are abbreviations for Total Activity. They combine the Total Activity, both the Peroxide Activity levels and Non-Peroxide Activity (NPA) levels of the Honey.
The TA is like a bacteria killing scale; the higher the TA the greater the antimicrobial strength. The anti-bacterial activity of honey is derived via natural enzymes and chemicals in the honey.
Anything greater than Total Activity of 10+ can have beneficial antimicrobial properties, and these properties are more effective as the TA level increases. Note that the UMF value on Manuka honey is essentially the same as a TA value, but the antimicrobial activity is generated by different chemical processes.
Scientifically testing their Melaleuca Honey product has only confirmed generations of Indigenous knowledge on Yawuru country.
"I think a lot of people — particularly Aboriginal people — know the history of these saltwater paperbark trees, and the fact they have very strong medicinal qualities" - Yawuru Elder.
Some additional facts:
- Bless It Bee honey is honey from the Sacred Land of the Kimberly's just about 40km away from Broome. The Melaleuca plants are from the Yawuru and Karajjari Country, and only very few people are allowed to be on that land.
- You cannot enter the land without permission from the Elders.
- It is a Total Activity Medicinal Grading of TA25+
- Our bees are never smoked they are treated with love and this comes through in their honey, they are a very harmonious community.
- The queen bees originate from pristine environments and have being bred with the best drones (male bees) this ensures the quality but also ensures a harmonious hive.
- A number of our bees pollenate around a special temple in Broome as well where many prayers are made.
- This beautiful honey is collected by hand and created by hand all the way to the table and it retains 100% of its nutritional value because it is spun straight off the honeycomb and is not heat treated in any way.
- There is an abundance of native trees on Roebuck cattle station for the bees to collect their nectar. The main varietals are salt water paperbark (melaleuca), bloodwood, white gum and mangrove.
- Our Raw Bush Honey is pure and natural honey produced locally in pristine environments.